Having 3 small kids at home and 3 businesses means I cant take hours to create elaborate and complex dinners which is why bowls are the BEST and easiest dinners to make and meal prep for the week! This specific recipe can be made vegan and is a regular in our home and my kids LOVE it!
It only requires a handful of ingredients and takes 20 minutes start to finish to cook and prepare. I know right!? I usually triple the recipe to have enough for a few days lunches.
*These ingredients can all be prepared separately and stored in separate containers for quick assembly during the week. Prepare and season these separate components to your taste/preference.*
- Cooked Basmati rice (soak on the counter for 24 hours before cooking)
- Cooked Black Beans (soak organic black beans for 24-48 hours on the counter, rinsing every few hours and then cook in a saucepan in water and salt until soft )
- Organic frozen corn, cooked
- Fresh organic arugula
- Avocado mashed and mixed with lemon, salt and chili powder (to taste)
- Wild Caught Shrimp sauteed with lemon, salt and chili powder for a few minutes in a skillet (use tempeh for vegan version)
- Homemade Healthy Burrito Sauce (recipe below) for drizzling
BURRITO SAUCE RECIPE:
- 1/2 Cup Nancys Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt (can use coconut yogurt for vegan sauce)
- 1 tsp Organic Chili powder
- pinch of sea salt
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1.5 tbs maple syrup (can also use yacon syrup or liquid stevia for candida friendly sauce)
- 1/2 tbs Franks Lime hot sauce (or hot sauce of choice)
*mix all ingredients together until well combined. taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Can be stored int he fridge for up to 4 days in a glass jar. *
Once all your ingredients are cooked and prepared, you can begin layering your bowl to your liking and then drizzle the bowl with the burrito sauce and some fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy!