Ginger is extremely anti-inflammatory and stimulates your liver to secrete enzymes and your stomach to secrete gastric juices to aid digestion. It also encourages the liver to detoxify toxins and excess hormones from the body. It is an incredible super-food in my opinion and can really improve digestion especially if you experience bloating and gas, stomach distension, etc. It is very spicy and therefore is great for improving circulation! It can tonify the heart and arteries, reduce LDL cholesterol, improve lymphatic circulation and SO MUCH MORE!
Ginger shot from the store range anywhere between $3.99 – $5.99 CAD! If you drink a few a week, you’re spending around $75/month on ginger shots alone! If you have the money, GREAT! But if not, there IS a cheaper way, and it does NOT involve a juicer! The method I am sharing with you will cost you $2.99 for a weeks supply!
You can do pure ginger on it’s own, but I like to add other herbs and spices to improve the absorption and get even more anti-inflammatory and detoxifying benefits.
- 1 large organic ginger root
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 small organic fresh turmeric root (or turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp raw manuka honey (optional)
- 1 cup water (or more if you want it a bit less strong)
*You will need a good blender and a glass bottle or jar along with a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth*
- Peel ginger and turmeric (doesn’t have to be perfect)
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on high until no chunks remain
- Pour the liquid into a cheesecloth or sieve and strain until ALL the juice is out. You will need to squeeze the pulp as much as you can as it holds onto a lot of precious liquid 😉
- Discard the pulp and pour the liquid into a glass bottle (a funnel helps to keep it mess-free) and store in the fridge for a week. Take a shot everyday before meals and enjoy!