These Paleo mint chocolate brownies are SO decadent, delicious, rich and super clean! They are grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free and will be a crowd pleaser! This recipe is low-sugar but not sugar free! You could alter it to make it sugar free by using yacon syrup or Lakanto sweetener (The the healthiest substitute but works) in replacement for the honey and coconut sugar and stevia chocolate chips.
Brownie Layer Ingredients:
*Makes 20 large brownies**
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 25 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 1 tbs pure vanilla bean paste
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: 4 heaping scoops of collagen
Brownie layer Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a small pan, melt coconut oil with chocolate over low heat. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs and sugar until well combined and SLOWLY temper in the chocolate and coconut mixture into the eggs (whisk the entire time). Fold in the remaining ingredients until well combined. Taste the batter to make sure it is to your liking. Pour the batter into your baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until mostly cooked through (you want the toothpick to come out with a BIT of batter). WHen done, remove from the oven and let cool completely!
Mint Frosting Ingredients:
- 4 tbs raw creamed honey
- 4 tbs maple syrup or yacon syrup
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 cup grass-fed ghee (or vegan butter or palm shortening if dairy-free)
- 25 drops liquid chlorophyll for colour
- 20-30 drops (or to taste) or peppermint essential oil
- Combine all the ingredients together in a stand mixer and whip until light and fluffy. Spread the frosting over the brownie and freeze until the frosting is set.
Chocolate Layer Ingredients:
- 1 cup coocnut oil
- 1/2 cup Lilys stevia chocolate chips
- 4 tbs coocnut milk
- melt oil and chocolate over the stove until combined. Stir in the coconut milk and whisk quickly until chocolate thickens. Spread over mint layer and return to the freezer for another 15 minutes until set. Remove from the freezer and enjoy!
This recipe is great in the fridge for up to 1 week, in the freezer for 3 months (if wrapped well) or on the counter for 4-5 days. ENJOY!