Do you have Psoriasis, IBD, Crohn’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alopecia, Eczema, Hashimotos, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, or any other for of autoimmune disease? If so, follow these 5 tips to improve your health!
- Chronic stress elevates our cortisol which leads to hormonal imbalances, chronic inflammation, poor sleep quality, blood sugar imbalances and much more! More importantly it leads to tissue destruction, which is when our bodies attack our own tissue!
- Acidic foods (processed foods, nightshades, sugars, dairy, etc.) changes our internal pH disrupting our body’s ability to detoxify and regulate itself. This leads to more inflammation and a depletion of minerals as well as dysbiosis. People with skin conditions are usually VERY acidic.
- Anything unnatural (BPAs, sulphites, phalates, heavy metals, fragrances, etc) that we breathe in or put on our bodies absorbs immediately into our blood stream and burdens our emunctories, causing toxicity build up and…you guessed it, chronic inflammation and immune dysregulation.
- Irregular sleep throws off our hormones (cortisol, insulin, melatonin and other neurotransmitters) leading to poor blood sugar regulation, high cortisol etc., which triggers more inflammation and antioxidant depletion.
- Chronic steroid use causes Th2 dominance and tissue destruction and creates an inability to uptake cortisol. This causes more tissue destruction and dysbiosis.
If you are already avoiding these 5 causatives of inflammation, you are doing amazing! Keep up the good work. If you would like to begin, try choosing one that you would like to start working on, then advance your way up.