Having an autoimmune disease means you shouldn’t be having nightshades such as tomatoes and too many carbs. I like making pizza that tastes incredibly delicious and flavorful but that I can eat without stressing about a flare up!
This pizza recipe is grain free, gluten free, nightshades and yeast free and contains very nutritious ingredients that are quick to pull together.
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot starch, plus 2-3 tbsp more for spreading/kneading dough
- 6 tbsp coconut flour divided into 3 (first) and 3 (after adding the egg)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg room temp, whisked
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet (round if you prefer) with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot, 3 Tbsp of the coconut flour, onion and garlic powder, and salt. Stir well to fully combine.
- In a measuring cup, combine the water, oil, and vinegar , then pour into the dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until a dough forms and then stir in the whisked eggs to combine it well.
Once you have a sticky mixture, you will slowly add the remaining coconut flour. I recommend adding a Tbsp at a time and mixing well, allowing the dough to sit a bit after each Tbsp to absorb the liquid, until you have a dough that’s still a bit sticky yet able to be spread out. Don’t add more than 3 additional Tbsp of coconut flour in this step. If the dough still feels sticky to work with – you can use extra arrowroot to help spread it out.
- Sprinkle extra arrowroot on your parchment lined baking sheet, transfer the dough to the sheet and sprinkle with more arrowroot. Work the dough into a 10 inch circle (12 for a very thin crust), then bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how crisp you want the crust. I baked mine for about 10 minutes before adding my toppings, and baking again. Bake time will depend on the toppings you plan to add, how crispy you want the crust, and how thin you spread it out.
- Caramelized onions (sautéed in olive oil and sea salt until golden brown)
- Pickled organic artichokes, sliced
- Organic bartlet pears thinly sliced
- 3 cloves raw crated garlic
- grated grass-fed mozzarella cheese
Mix together 2 tbs yacon or maple syrup, 2 tbs balsamic vinegar, 2 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs garlic powder, 2 tsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- After crust has partially baked, remove from the oven and sprinkle the grated garlic overtop the pizza as well as the cheese. then top the cheese with the pears, onions, artichokes, and drizzle the dressing overtop.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until done and enjoy!