Strawberry Crepes are something I never thought I would have egain after going gluten-free. However, this recipe I created right here is GOLD! Growing up, crepes used to be my FAVOURITE breakfast food that my mom would make! I have learned to change out the wheat for gluten free flour, sugar laden jams for just fruit jam, and also add collagen for added nutrition and protein! I feel GOOD about giving these to my kids for breakfast, served with avocado and sliced cucumber.
- 4 large free range eggs
- 2 cups organic coconut milk
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbs Organic Traditions yacon syrup
- 1 cup sprouted brown rice flour
- 3 heaping scoops Organika Marine Collagen (optional)
- Whisk wet ingredients together until combined.
- Add flour slowly until desired consistency is achieved.
a. You want a runny, but somewhat thick batter.
b. If it’s too thick, add a bit more milk; if it’s too runny, add a bit more flour.
- Heat a skillet with ghee on med-low heat.
- Pour desired amount of batter on the skillet and tilt the pan to spread it out thinly.
- Let cook for 30 seconds per side until cooked.
- Fill with Crofter’s Organic Just Fruit Spread