Growing up with Italian relatives, every Christmas we would eat the most delicious Italian Lemon glazed cookies. I would literally look forward to them at every occasion! After going gluten free, I was no longer able to have them… at least until i was able to create this epic recipe! Not only are they flavourful and delicious, but they are also SO soft! Now that I am gluten free, I make my own version that are Organic and lower sugar!
- 1/2 cup grassfed Ghee (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Organic raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp pure liquid stevia
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup Organic orange juice
- 10 drops Young Living Organic Lemon Essential Oil (or any Organic brand)
- 2 cups sprouted brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot starch
- 1 tap Xantham gun
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add eggs, followed by orange juice. Mix well until smooth and combined.
- Once combined, add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until dough is a bit firm and easy to roll.
- Roll 1.5 tbs sized balls in your palm and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies at 350 for 13 minutes, or until set.
- Once completely cooled, glaze and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup coconut icing sugar or organic powdered cane sugar
- 1.5 tbs orange juice
- 5 drops Ancient Nutrition or Young Living Orange essential oil (optional)
- Mix well until no clumps left, then dip cookies in glaze.
- Refrigerate cookies until glaze is set.