Just because I am not following any type of diet currently, doesn’t mean I don’t want healthy desserts! I love desserts and love to eat something sweet frequently so the way I get around all the sugar is by making sugar-free desserts. I also find that having clean treats on hand prevent binges on junky foods that can cause inflammation.
This recipe is delicious and so easy to make!
For the crust:
- 1.5 cups sprouted organic oats (use buckwheat flakes or almond flour for candida diet) from One Degree
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Liquid stevia to taste (or yacon syrup, maple syrup, etc)
For the Filling:
- Blitz the oats in a food processor until a fine flour is formed (skip this step if using almond flour)
- Add in coconut oil, sea salt and sweetener to the flour and blitz until a crust forms and hold together (add more oil if needed or almond flour).
- once you are happy with the texture, form little cups (it is OK if they are uneven) in your hand and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Freeze the cups for 5-10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, mix the coconut cream with other filling ingredients adjusting the taste as desired. Pour the cream into the hardened cups and re-freeze for 10 minutes until solidified a bit. Top with lemon zest and enjoy!