My whole family is gluten-free but that doesn’t mean we don’t get to enjoy delicious sliced bread! This bread has a delicious richness thanks to the buckwheat and molasses and also happens to be very easy to make! It is high fiber as well and great when seed cycling.
- 1 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup sprouted brown rice flour
- 1 cup sprouted buckwheat flour (or teff flour)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sprouted ground flax
- 3 tsp avocado oil, plus extra for greasing,
- 4 tsp blackstrap molasses (or yacon syrup)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf tin with avocado oil. cut a strip of parchment to place in the loaf tin with extra hanging over the sides for easy removal of the bread.
- Add coconut milk and apple cider vinegar to a cup and let sit to curdle a bit
- Add all the dry ingredients together (including flax) and whisk so that no lumps are left and the mixture is well combined.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients tot he coconut milk and whisk until well combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and gently stir until the batter is thick and sticky
- Pour batter into the greased tin and sprinkle oat or buckwheat flakes (or sunflower seeds) on the top and bake for 20 minutes at 350, then reduce heat to 320 and bake for another 20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the loaf pan and let fully cool before slicing.
My favourite way to enjoy this bread is with some grass-fed ghee and a bit of honey or jam! ENJOY!