My favorite tart before I went gluten-free was pecan and/or raisin butter tarts! However now that I’m gluten-free it doesn’t mean I can’t have them anymore! Here is a delicious ooey gooey Paleo butter tart that will leave you wanting more!
- 1/2 cup Casava Flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or ghee)
- 3 tbs cold water
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place dates in warm water to soak while prepping the crust.
- Add water to flour mixture (salt, flour) and mix until combined. Then add in coconut oil and mix until a dough forms.
- Grease a large glass baking dish with coconut oil and then using your fingers, press the dough into the pie dish going up the side to form an even crust.
- Set aside while you make the filling.
- 5 medjool dates
- 1.2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean
- 1 tbs arrowroot starch
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 2 tbs raisins
- 4 tbs pecans (optional)
- Dash of sea salt
- Pour dates and water into a food processor and add coconut oil. maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Pour puree into a bowl and quickly whisk in arrowroot starch until there are no clumps.
- Once your mixture is smooth, fold in raisins (and pecans if you like) and then pour it into prepared pie crust. Bake at 425 (350 for mini tarts) for 25 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and set.
- Let cool and then enjoy!