This Blueberry Pie is gluten free, sugar free, low-carb and delicious! Bonus, it is super easy to make! I never measure ingredients so everything is approximate and you may need to add or takeaway to adjust flavour/texture!
PIE CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup sprouted buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp xantham gum
- 4 tbs arrowroot starch
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbs coconut sugar or monk fruit
- 1/4 cup cold butter/ghee chopped
- 1-2 tbs cold coconut milk
PIE CRUST DIRECTIONS
- Mix dry ingredients together and then cut in the butter and coconut milk until a dough forms. Use your hands to combine. If it is too dry, add more milk and butter until it holds together well.
- Press dough into a greased glass pie dish to make the crust.
- Poke holes with forks in the bottom of the crust.
- Bake at 350 for 20 mins or until golden brown.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 tbs arrowroot starch
- 5 tbs Organic Traditions yacon syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- Mix ingredients together in a saucepan over the stove until blueberries are softened.
- Pour over the semi baked pie crust.
- Bake at 375 for another 10-15 mins or until crust is golden brown and blueberries begin to bubble! Enjoy !