Now, this is my kind of doughnut! These beauties are, vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free! They are soft on the inside, but crunchy and golden on the outside. They are coated in a cinnamon and coconut sugar topping. If you are avoiding added sugar, you could do a Stevia chocolate topping instead!
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup sprouted buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Ancient Nutrition Maple Bone Broth protein powder (or rice flour for vegans)
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tbs yacon syrup
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- Punch of salt
- 1/4 cup maple or coconut sugar for dusting
- 2 tbs ceylon cinnamon for dusting
- Combine cinnamon and coconut sugar in a bowl and set aside (If you are sugar free, melt Lilys stevia chocolate chips in a bowl and dip the donuts in there instead of the coconut sugar)
- Mix oats and milk together until soft and combined very well.
- Add remaining wet ingredients to the mixture and mix well
- Fold in the dry ingredients and fry in a bit of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once golden brown, flip and fry further until the doughnut is firm to the touch (It took about 3-4 minutes per side in my skillet)
- Remove from the pan and immediately roll in maple and cinnamon sugar and enjoy while they’re hot!
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.