I don’t eat chili too often because the heavy tomato base is too inflammatory for my body as I had several autoimmune diseases. I also am against using ANYTHING from a can, especially tomatoes as they contain heavy metals, BPAs and other toxins. Because of that, I make my own healthy and less inflammatory chili from organic fresh tomato, soaked black beans, organic corn (I like something sweet in my chili) and sprouted quinoa!
This recipe is AMAZING because it only requires 1 pot and takes literally 20 minutes to make from start to finish which makes it perfect for meal-prepping!
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 large organic tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups organic corn
- 1 cup of cooked black beans, soaked for 48 hours, then cooked (cook separately in some water and salt)
- 2 cups wild caught shrimp (peeled)
- 1 cup quinoa, soaked overnight then rinsed well
- 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition chicken bone broth (for flavour)
- 4-6 cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 20 drops liquid stevia (if you want it a tad sweet)
- 1 tbs Franks chili lime hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tbs organic dried oregano (we make our own!)
- Add onion and celery with spices to a pot with olive oil and sautee until slightly golden brown
- Add remaining ingredients with water and simmer on med-low until quinoa and shrimp are cooked through. Add more water if you want it more soupy! Adjust seasoning to taste
- Enjoy with some freshly chopped cilantro and goat yogurt on top!