Have you ever tried a full spectrum CBD supplement before? If not, you should! It helps immensely with calming the nervous system, reducing inflammation, helping with insomnia and sleep issues and much more! I suffered from psoriasis, hashimotos, PCOS, IBD and Eczema which is why I consume CBD almost everyday to help keep my inflammation in check.
These peanut butter cookies are antiinflammatory, peanut-free, gluten-free, low sugar, refined-sugar free and DELICIOUS! I chose to make these cookies with drippy cashew butter instead of peanuts because peanuts are a histamine-forming, inflammatory and moldy food so I do try to avoid them as much as possible and consume other nuts instead. That being said, please feel free to use peanuts if you like, after all, they are the greatest (most delicious) “nut” (technically a legume) on the planet am I right!?
*Makes 10 cookies*
- 3/4 cup raw organic pure cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, very tightly packed
- 3/4 cup Protein powder of choice! I used Ancient Nutrition Grass-fed Whey (20% off code: MARLASHEALTHYLIFE20) but you can use a vegan one as well
- 1/4 cup softened grass-fed ghee or coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, cold
- 2 full droppers of HumanKind CBD oil (Code: MARLA10)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Position the oven rack to the lower third of the oven.
- Add all the ingredients to a stand mixer and beat them together. At first it will be very thin but after a bit of mixing, it should be firm enough to roll into balls. The dough may or may not feel oily. If it seems to “soft” you can add more protein powder.
- Divide the batter into 10 balls and place them apart on baking sheet as they spread a lot.
- Bake immediately for 12 (or more) minutes or until they’ve crackled nicely and no longer appear wet in the middle. Let them cool completely on the baking sheet (where they’ll continue to bake).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.