Decadent gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and dairy free chocolate fudge cake topped with coconut whipped cream and raspberry champagne sauce! THIS IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF!!!
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups sprouted brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup red cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cups @ecoideas coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- Cake Directions:
- Add dry ingredients to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment and mix until combined and clumps are gone.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and maple syrup and mix until smooth. Add boiling water in slowly while mixing and whisk until the batter is smooth and runny.
- Pour into greased cake pan and line the bottom with parchment. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Raspberry Champagne Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 cups frozen raspberry
- 1/4 cup (or to taste) raw honey
- 1.5 cups organic champagne (optional)
- 1/2 tbs arrowroot starch mixed in 1 tbs water
Raspberry Sauce Directions:
Add berry, champagne and honey to a saucepan and simmer until softened. Add the arrowroot starch that has been dissolved in water to the pan and mix. Transfer to the fridge to let mixture cool and thicken. Top on cake or icecream and enjoy!!
Chocolate Fudge Frosting Ingredients:
If you want to make this the most delicious and fudgey chocolate cake, then use this frosting recipe instead of the ones above! YOu want to pur the cake batter into cake rounds and then slice the cakes in half once they have cooled to layer the chocolate frosting between the cake. This makes it SO MUCH BETTER!
- 1 block grassfed salted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened red cocoa powder
- 6 1/2 cups Wholesome Organic icing sugar
- 4 tbs coconut milk
- pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla bean
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut CREAM from the can
Chocolate Fudge Frosting Directions:
Begin by adding the butter and icing sugar to a stand mixer and mix until light and fluffy. Then add, coconut milk, vanilla, salt, and cocoa powder and mix until well incorporated. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with coconut cream (make sure there is no coconut water in there) until smooth and combined. pour the melted chocolate mixture into the buttercream, whipping as you pour. Set the stand mixer to medium or high speed and let it mix for a few more seconds until the frosting is light and airy. Taste and add salt if needed. Spread between chocolate cake layers and enjoy!