Chia Seed pudding is eaten at least twice a week in my home. We love it because it’s packed with omega 3 essential fats, fiber, and minerals such as calcium, manganese and phosphorous. It’s also so versatile and affordable which makes it the perfect breakfast to meal-prep when on a tight budget. Because of its high-fat, low-carb content it is keto-friendly, candida diet friendly (depending on the toppings) , paleo, vegan and whole30 approved.
Chia seeds do contain phytic acid so they are best eaten when soaked to help break some of that down. Also, we chia seeds are soaked, they help to push toxins and build-up out of the colon by scraping the colon wall. This makes them an essential superfood to have in your diet to ensure good intestinal health. They are also great for seed cycling during the first 15 days of a females cycle to help with estrogen production.
- 4 TBS chia seeds (I used the white ones here)
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk from the carton
- 1 heaping scoop Ancient Nutrition vanilla multicollagen (omit if vegan and use yacon syrup instead)
- 1/2 cup fruit of choice
- Add chia seeds to the milk and whisk vigorously then add in collagen (or sweetener of choice) and whisk again.
- Let sit for 10 minutes then whisk again, repeating 3 more times. Transfer to mason jars and place in the fridge overnight to gel up.
- In the morning top with fruit and enjoy!