These paleo, grainfree, vegan, sugarfree dinner rolls are incredible!
I was craving dinner rolls but can’t have gluten and at the time was avoiding eggs and yeast as well and so I got to the kitchen and threw a bunch of ingredients together and my goodness, they worked well!
They don’t look like much (they are actually very ugly) but that is because i rolled them one-handed while holding my baby in the other which is pure skills if you ask me haha!
These are made with coconut flour but I PROMISE they are not dry and are actually quite sweet from the coconut. Its made with ingredients you probably have on hand so make them and let me know what you think!
INGREDIENTS: makes approx 20 small rolls
- 2 tbs ground flax + 6tbs water
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (MCT oil works as well)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs ground garlic (optional, omit if you want to go sweet)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 cup arrowroot flour
- 1.5 cups additional water
- Let flax gel in water, then add remaining water and oil and mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until no clumps and completely smooth.
- Roll 2-3 tbs sized rolls and place on sheet line with parchment.
- Don’t make them big or they wont bake through.
- You can add choc chips, sweetener, raisins etc for mix ins if you want a sweet treat and they will be more like “donut holes” if you do!
- Bake at 350 for 35 mins or until bottoms are golden brown.