Here we have my gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based Harvest Salad recipe with a refreshing citrus dressing. This is a quick, easy, and satisfying lunch. It is flavourful, low-carb and an absolute necessity, especially with the sunny, Spring weather we’ve been having! I meal prep the ingredients so I can have quick assembly for lunches. You can add a protein if you like or eat it as is. The dressing is the star of the show! Make sure to mix everything to taste.
- Organic arugula
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small sweet potato, diced and roasted (or squash for lower carb)
- 2 tbs pomegranates
- Wild caught salmon, chicken, or tofu
- Citrus dressing (To taste: olive oil; apple cider vinegar; salt; pepper; dried oregano; lemon juice; yacon syrup or raw honey).
- In a big bowl, place a big handful of arugula in the bottom.
- Top with warm quinoa and sweet potato.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and protein of choice.
- Top everything with the citrus dressing