IT’S PUMPKIN SEASON! That means all my fall recipes come out to play. I have been making this incredibly moist gluten free, dairy free and sugar free butternut squash cake for over 2 years and it never disappoints!!
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweetener (I use mape syrup or yacon syrup)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs coconut or greek yogurt
- 1 cup cooked and mashed butternut squash (or pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour (or brown rice flour or more almond)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs ceylon cinnamon
- 3/4 tbs nutmeg
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 sachet Nutiva Coconut Butter (mixed with vanilla bean paste)
- Sweetner of choice
- Sea Salt to taste
- Ceylon Cinnamon to tasteDIRECTIONS:
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients separately
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan or baking dish
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When done and fully cooled, frost with dairy free frosting.